Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Introducing Bella

Well, if we're really gonna ride to Alaska next year, we'll need some wheels to do it on. For those of us who are vertically challenged (i.e. only 5'4"), finding a bike with a low enough seat is a bit challenging! After checking out all of my options, I basically had it narrowed down to...one type of bike.

So, when that bike came up for sale, in Seattle (where our friends Ken and Drew live), and in yellow :), we decided it was meant to be.

Meet Bella, as Ken has christened her (at her new home on Orcas Island)...
















Drew makes it obvious why this bike is better for someone my height...
















Known as "Butter Horse" to her previous owner, she's a 2005 BMW F650 GS with lowered suspension. With heaps of gear, she'll need just a little more "farkling" before she's ready for the expedition north. I just can't believe I have to wait until next year to ride her!

HUGE thanks to Ken and Drew for all the time and hard work in checking Bella Butter Horse out and test riding her for me. Drew, I promise I'll clean up the oil. Ken, I promise I'll get her dirty again!

Now on with the quest for a bike for Mike...

No comments:

Post a Comment