Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Auckland "Roadster"

Last Sunday, I (Sarah) ran the Auckland half marathon again. I wasn't really excited about it (I'm a trail runner at heart), but it would be my fifth time, and after running it five times you qualify for "Roadster" status. That basically means you get a permanent number. Woohoo!! Okay, not that exciting, but it seemed worth the effort for one more year.

I only managed about five training runs on the road before the event, so I felt woefully unprepared. So, on the day, I surprised myself by actually enjoying the run and finishing strong. I didn't PB (shorthand for "personal best"...a verb or noun in running circles), but I was only 1min 24sec off my PB (from last year, when my net time was 1:33:34).

This year's results:


See, it wasn't even that painful!



My official Roadster number for evermore...2483. But will I actually ever do another one???


No comments:

Post a Comment